Understanding MinistryMatch Assessments for Individuals
MinistryMatch Assessments measure seven constructs (an idea or theory containing multiple conceptual elements) including temperament, motivated role, leadership style, participation style, ministry gifts, ministry values, and bias. Ninety-nine elements are measured within these seven constructs. Thus, virtually every issue that is important to ministry is measured in one assessment.
As a result, the MinistryMatch Assessments are among the most widely used tools for the evaluation and placement of persons in ministry. This includes both the placement of professional staff in churches and organizations, as well as the recruitment and placement of lay leaders inside their own churches. Click here to learn more about the MinistryMatch Assessments.
The following instructions provide step-by-step directions for getting setup and taking your individual MinistryMatch Assessment:
Step 1: MinistryMatch Assessment Activation
How to setup an Individual Account
If you have not already done so, the first step is to setup a free Individual Account so that the results of your MinistryMatch
are stored under your name and you are able to control what organizations have access to the results.
Click Register>Individual Account or (click here to create your account now.)
- Complete the Account Proﬁle form. When completing the account proﬁle, you will be asked for a Denomination. This is personal background information only.
- If you were given a License Code by your church or other ministry organization, select "I have a preassigned license code," at the bottom of the Account Proﬁle form, choose MinistryMatch Pro or MinistryMatch Lay as appropriate, and enter your License Code. Click Create Account, and proceed to Step 2.
- If you were not given a License Code, Click Create Account.
- On the next screen, Click Purchase in the Status column to purchase your MinistryMatch Assessment. If you will be completing the Ministry Candidate Application also, you will want to purchase the Ministry Placement Network Package, which includes a MinistryMatch Pro and Ministry Candidate Application at a reduced price. If you have taken the MinistryMatch Pro in the past and have an existing account, you will be presented the option of purchasing the Ministry Candidate Application upon login to your account.
Step 2: Taking the MinistryMatch Assessment
- Once you have registered and have your username and password, click the Sign In > Individual to sign into your account.
- Click READ COMPLETELY: MinistryMatch Instructions and Information.
- Read the How to Complete the MinistryMatch instructions and click Finished.
- Complete the MinistryMatch Assessment following the instructions from the previous step. You do not need to complete the entire questionnaire at one time and may return at any time to continue from where you left off.
Step 3: View your results
- After answering all of the survey questions, click View Results to open your MinistryMatch Assessment report. From this page, you can select the report to view. You should always choose the Interpreted Detailed Report for your review. Further in these instructions you will see more information on the purpose of other report types.
- IMPORTANT: Your results will not be released for viewing by the organizations you select in the next step until you have viewed them yourself. Make sure to complete this step.
Step 4: Selecting organizations authorized to see your survey results.
- After viewing your results, you may optionally select organizations you wish to authorize to see your results. You may add or delete from this list at any time in the future.
Step 5: Ministry Candidate Application.
If you will also be completing the Ministry Candidate Application and have a license code,
the menu screen will contain a link for completing that Application. Click the link
in this step and follow the instructions on the resulting next page.
If you have previously completed a MinistryMatch Assessment but have not purchased the Ministry Candidate Application license, the menu screen will provide you with the opportunity to purchase one and proceed as above.
Step 6: Print Definitions Book (Optional and almost always unnecessary)
- (Optional) View/print the definitions booklet. This step is not required and is completely unnecessary if you view/print your Interpreted Detailed Report. The Definitions Document is provided for those to whom you provide your Summary Report that may not be familiar with the MinistryMatch Assessment.
Survey Reports released to Organizations
Once you have competed the MinistryMatch Assessment (and Ministry Candidate Application if you completed one) you may view the results by signing into your account. You may view and print these results as often as you wish. You may edit your Ministry Leader Application anytime in the future by signing into your account, but you may not change/edit your MinistryMatch results.
Any Organization that you added to your authorized organization list will also be able to view all of your reports. You may add or remove organizations from your authorized list at any time.
There are two MinistryMatch reports and, if completed, a Ministry Candidate Application:
- Interpreted Detailed Report – This is primarily intended for your use as it provides a 33-page detailed explanation of all the constructs related to their results.
- Summary Report – Provides a summary report for use by an evaluator in counseling or comparing individuals. Pie charts show how the individual sees themselves with respect to each construct. The comparison of the individual to all others who have taken the MinistryMatch Assessment is presented as bar charts.
- Ministry Leader Profile – This provides the information from your Ministry Candidate Application in a report format to be used for any placement purposes.